Children with blood diseases need specialized, focused care. Pediatrix hematologists treat young patients with compassion, expertise and knowledge.
At Pediatrix, our board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric hematologists are experienced in treating the hematological system, which includes red and white blood cells, platelets, the spleen and bone marrow. You can trust our specialists to treat your child with expertise and compassion as they diagnose, treat and prevent various blood disorders.
Early detection through advanced diagnostic tests and treatment of blood disorders are vital to patient outcomes. Bringing expertise and compassion to pediatric patients, our dedicated pediatric hematologists effectively diagnose, treat and prevent various common and rare blood-related conditions facing children.
Hematology Conditions We Treat Include:
- Arterial and veinous obstructive disorders — Arterial thromboembolism
- Autoimmune disorders — Autoimmune hemolytic anemia, pernicious anemia, vasculitis
- Bleeding disorders — Hemophilia
- Genetic blood disorders — Hemochromatosis, sickle cell disease, thalassemia
- Red blood cell disorders — Anemia, polycythemia vera
Following are some of the many benefits of care from Pediatrix: