Pediatrix infectious disease specialists diagnose, treat and work to prevent infectious diseases in young patients.
Our pediatric infectious disease specialists have advanced training that allows them to effectively diagnose and treat young patients with various acute and chronic infections. With compassion and dedication, Pediatrix specialists provide exceptional care, partnering with a child’s primary care physician and other pediatric subspecialists as needed to share knowledge and determine the best treatment plan for each child’s unique needs.
Infectious Disease Conditions
Bringing expertise and compassion to young patients, our pediatric infectious disease specialists perform advanced diagnostic tests to establish the specific cause of a child’s illness and determine the most viable treatment plan.
Infectious Disease Conditions We Treat Include:
- Bacteria — Strep throat, pneumonia, bacteremia, meningitis
- Immune deficiencies — Severe combined immune deficiency (SCID), common variable immune deficiency (CVID), HIV/AIDS, drug-induced immune deficiency
- Needlestick exposure
- Parasites — Pinworms, giardiasis, cryptosporidium
- Recurrent fevers or infections
- Serious or life-threatening infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Viruses — Common cold, influenza, COVID-19
Following are some of the many benefits of care from Pediatrix: