Expertise and compassion for children with developmental or behavioral needs
Your child deserves expert care from specialists who are as committed to meeting their needs as you are. That’s exactly the kind of care you can expect from Pediatrix. We evaluate a child’s gross motor, fine motor, language and social/emotional development, performing various diagnostic tests to determine the underlying cause. Our pediatric developmental-behavioral specialists are sensitive to the concerns and questions of parents regarding their child’s development, working closely with all parties to help ensure each child receives precise treatment to help reach their maximum potential.
Developmental-Behavioral Conditions and Services
Our dedicated pediatric developmental-behavioral specialists bring expertise and compassion to their management of the complex needs of children facing various developmental and/or behavioral issues.
Developmental Conditions We Treat Include:
- Delayed development — Speech, language, motor skills
- Prematurity-related challenges — Cerebral palsy, visual/hearing impairments, altered or compromised health/growth
- Attention disorders — Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), oppositional-defiant behavior, conduct problems
- Mental health — Depression, anxiety
- Regular behaviors — Feeding, sleeping, toilet-training
- Autism spectrum disorder — Social interaction, speech and non-verbal communication, restricted/repetitive behaviors
- Learning — Dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia
For more than 20 years, our compassionate, dedicated, and knowledgeable specialists have provided early detection, diagnoses and treatment plans to children with developmental and/or behavioral conditions.Following are some of the many benefits of care from Pediatrix: