Parents trust our network of experts with their newborn's care during their first few hours and days of life in the hospital. Our neonatal physicians and nurse practitioners provide comprehensive, family-oriented care for healthy term and near-term newborns from delivery through discharge, as well as education and support for parents as families prepare to leave the hospital with their new addition.
Staffed by neonatal physicians and nurse practitioners specially trained in newborn care, the Pediatrix Newborn Nursery Program provides care for well babies during their first few days in the hospital. As an extension of their private practice, this program enables pediatricians and family physicians to ensure their newborn patients receive comprehensive, quality care without requiring time away from the office.
Newborn Nursery Services
Services we provide include:
- Newborn exam
- Daily comprehensive care
- Managing common newborn conditions, such as hypoglycemia, jaundice and excessive weight loss
- Performance of state-mandated screening tests
- Administration of vaccines
- Support and guidance for parents
- Breastfeeding promotion and support
- Skin-to-skin contact support
Exceptional Newborn Nursery Care
Our neonatal clinicians provide care for nearly 2,500 babies in the newborn nursery daily. Managing newborn care at more than 265 hospitals in 32 states, they:
- Provide coverage for private-practice physicians
- Review prenatal records to identify potential health risks for newborns
- Provide daily assessments
- Report care progress to families and family physicians
- Assess babies before discharge
- Discharge newborns at the end of their hospital stay
Our newborn nursery teams are comprised of pediatricians, nurse practitioners and other health care professionals; all committed to providing the very best pediatric care in the hospital. We value open communication between parents and the baby's private practice pediatrician.
Following are some of the many benefits of newborn nursery services from Pediatrix:
"I am proud to be a part of a company where I can collaborate with colleagues nationwide to share ideas and exchange experiences in pediatric hospital care."Dr. Cathy McElveen Pediatric Hospitalist in Pasadena, CA