When your child requires surgical intervention, Pediatrix surgeons are dedicated to compassionately serving young patients.
Our board-certified / eligible, fellowship-trained pediatric surgeons bring expertise and compassion to young patients of all ages, from newborns to young adults. Our specialists are trained to understand the intricacies of performing procedures on children facing various surgical issues and manage their complex needs.
Conditions and Surgical Services
Bringing expertise and compassion to pediatric patients, our dedicated pediatric surgeons are specially trained to manage the complex needs of children requiring surgical services.
Surgical conditions we treat and services we provide include:
- Esophagus, intestines, liver, pancreas, spleen, gallbladder and adrenal gland issues
- Congenital abnormalities of the neck, chest and abdomen
- Chest-wall deformities
- Hernia repairs
- Surgical oncology
- Traumatic injuries
- Otolaryngology (ENT) — Ears, larynx, nasal/sinus, neck, throat, endocrine/thyroid
- Urology — Conditions affecting the kidneys, bladder, ureter, genitals
- Prenatal consultation — The 20-week prenatal ultrasound can be a joyous occasion for soon-to-be parents. When abnormalities are encountered, our experienced pediatric surgeons collaborate with obstetricians and maternal-fetal medicine specialists to create a comprehensive prenatal care plan. Partnering with hospital-based specialists, our surgeons consult with expectant families and coordinate efforts with the labor and delivery team and neonatal intensive care unit.
"I enjoy the interaction with medical colleges from around the country. Pediatrix has given me the platform through the surgery specialty advisory council to help shape the future of pediatric surgical specialists in our company in a meaningful way that will help expand the services we provide to patients nationwide."Dr. Eric Stelnicki Pediatric surgeon in South Florida