Please prepare for your child’s surgery by following these steps:
- Follow the procedure for foods:
- Clear liquids (water, apple juice and Pedialyte) up to four hours prior to surgery
- Breast milk up to six hours prior to surgery
- Infant formula/solid foods/milk (no meat, fried or fatty foods, i.e., eggs, bacon, cheese, etc.) up to eight hours prior to surgery
- Register at the Methodist Children’s Hospital Admitting Office located at 7700 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, 78229 no later than the time instructed by the medical assistant.
- If you are not the parent of the patient, you must bring documentation of legal guardianship to the hospital at the time of registration and admission.
- Confirm date and time of surgery with the medical assistant.
- Consult directions to the hospital.
Thank you for coming prepared!