Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists
Our board-certified maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists provide prenatal care for expectant mothers with complicated or high-risk pregnancies, as well as their developing babies. In addition to a four-year obstetrics and gynecology residency, they have undergone three additional years of education and training, and their core focus is to:
- Oversee existing health problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Manage pregnancy-related maternal medical issues, such as preeclampsia.
- Conduct diagnostic tests and procedures to identify possible congenital abnormalities and genetic disorders.
- Monitor babies’ development and growth.
- Manage post-pregnancy health issues.
- Identify potential concerns and propose solutions for future pregnancies.